1.16.6080.17975 (Released 8/24/2016)
- New: Scheduled task subfolder support.
- Fixed: Database consistency issue fixed when deleting Containers.
- Fixed: Modifying the "All computers" Container throws an exception when no credentials have been mapped to it.
- Fixed: Showing disabled tasks causes tasks table to scroll when there are a small number of tasks visible.
- Known issue: Computer import API gets "Access Denied" if the "All computers" Container has been deleted. (Setting to read-only in next release)
- Fixed: Issue with creating scheduled tasks on Windows Server 2003.
- Fixed: Error getting credentials while trying to ping a host.
- Fixed: Some Containers throwing an exception when no credentials are mapped to them.
1.16.6045.18555 (Released 7/20/2016)
- New: Multiple credential support (Windows servers and workstations in multiple domains / workgroups and users in other trusted domains).
- Fixed: Deleted computers with "Test" value for Environment showing up as Container members.
- Fixed: Improved performance when modifying a delegated user.
- Fixed: Corrupt scheduled tasks on Windows Server 2003 causing XML parsing errors in the user interface.
- Fixed: Improved scheduled task error handling.
- New: Custom logo support is now available (branding).
- Fixed: Permission expiration date not saving when language is set to en-GB.
- Fixed: Removed application pool password from install log.
- Fixed: Database installer not configuring service account permissions properly in SQL for some scenarios.
- Fixed: Scheduled task name not visible when it contains special characters.
- Fixed: Removed password length limit in credential manager.
- Fixed: IP address not getting populated when adding a computer in some scenarios.
- Fixed: Duplicate Container members in certain scenarios.
- Fixed: Administrators with a certain set of permissions getting a "Delete service" dialog when selecting "Start service".
1.13.1 (Released 1/18/2016)
- New: Added current username as a variable for custom tools (PowerShell, VBScript, etc...)
- Fixed: Unable to enable disabled tasks when not the object owner.
- Fixed: Exception in some cases when executing Ping or Uptime tools.
- Fixed: Users able to view all Windows services when only being in a role with view permissions to a single service.
- New: RDP tool is now role based and hidden by default.
- New: Reboot tool is now hidden when the user does not have adequate permissions (role based), instead of being greyed out. It is hidden by default.
- Fixed: Min/max event log settings are now enforced in the UI.
- Fixed: Deleting a container of objects leaves phantom objects when viewing the scope of a role's permissions.
- Fixed: Increased windows size for reboot modal dialog. Pertinent information was not visible on older browsers.
- Fixed: Several minor fixes and improvements.
- Fixed: History report throws an error when using internation date formats.
- New: Main "Tools" menu item is now role based.
1.12.5 (Released 8/6/2015)
- New: Web API for automatically importing and updating Computer objects from any external data source.
- New: Delete scheduled tasks permission now available.
- New: Delete Windows services permission now available.
- New: Added CPU usage property to process list.
- New: Custom tools (PowerShell, VBScript, Command-line, etc…) can now be filtered by name and for better granularity. Computer scoping has been improved and made easier.
- New: WMI query timeouts are user configurable.
- Updated: Windows service query performance has been vastly improved.
- Updated: Windows process query performance has been vastly improved.
- Fixed: Unable to terminate orphaned processes.
- Fixed: Processes with a single digit memory count show a leading zero.
- Fixed: Process memory count was inconsistent between Windows XP/Server 2003 and newer Windows operating systems.
- Various other minor improvements and fixes.
- New: More scheduled task management features added: task repetition, enable/disable task, disabled tasks hidden by default
- Fixed: Certain scheduled task triggers types are not added properly.
- Fixed: An "unexpected error" when database connection is misconfigured during install or unavailable. Actual error is logged to support log file.
- Fixed: Wording on task filter textbox label is incorrect.
- New: Added more granular Read permissions on services, scheduled tasks and processes.
- New: A delegated admin can now read process information for those he or she has a Terminate permission for.
- New: A delegated admin can now read service information for those he or she has a Start or Stop permission for.
- Fixed: License validation improvements.
- Fixed: Event logs do not default to being sorted by latest first.
- New: Last event log filter is saved between pages and sessions.
- Fixed: Event log timestamps and the "Get Uptime" tool now reflect local time.
- Fixed: User with read access to a scheduled task can still disable or enable task.
- Fixed: "Out of memory error at line: xxxx" error.
- Fixed: "Out of memory" error when closing modal dialogs in Internet Explorer 8.
- Known issue: "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" error when attempting to modify scheduled tasks running as a user account that differs from the delegated admin credentials. Does not affect tasks running as local service accounts (SYSTEM, LocalService, etc...)
- New: UI options for configuring scheduled task repetition.
- Fixed: "Login as a different user" button returns 404 after upgrade.
- New: Completely redesigned installer that addresses numerous issues.
- New: From the web portal, log in as a different user.
- Fixed: Disabling a scheduled tasks creates duplicate triggers and/or actions in some cases.
- Fixed: Various message texts have been improved.
- Fixed: Increased default setting for MaxReceivedMessageSize.
- New: The number of event logs returned is globally configurable.
- New: The maximum history for event logs returned is globally configurable.
- New: Added default Containers for Windows client operating systems.
- Fixed: IIS application pool failed to create for Windows Server 2012 (non-R2).
- Fixed: Database appears to be created during installation but actually failed to report an error.
- Fixed: Disabled scheduled tasks that are still running can now be stopped.
- Fixed: Scheduled task RunAs user changed to last user who modified task in some cases.
- New: New System Frontier logo.
- New: SQL Server connection now defaults to Windows authentication.
- Fixed: Editing scheduled task details causes an unexpected error.
- Fixed: Incorrect "access denied" message when attempt to create a scheduled task
in certain configurations.
- Fixed: Deleted computers showing up in search results when adding Container
- New: Delete a role.
- New: Currently logged on user information added to main header area.
- Fixed: Search results not set to 100% width when adding Container members.
- Fixed: Several minor issues and GUI improvements.
- New: Local account password management.
- New: Improved workgroup support. Add a local account as a System Frontier user.
- Fixed: Local account unlock and enable features not working in a non-domain
- Fixed: Permission expiration being set for subsequent permissions based on first
expiration date encountered in a permission set.
- Fixed: Custom web links showing incorrect variable names.
- New: Improved help and examples.
- New: Temporal constraints on all permissions are available now, giving you the
ability to set an expiration date for any permission.
- New: Filter criteria is saved between management actions and page refreshes.
- New: Custom tools and scheduled tasks can be filtered in the grid view.
- New: The "Manage" menu node is now expanded by default when launching the web
- Fixed: Grid data now resizes vertically in all management tabs.
- Fixed: Case sensitivity issue on lookup values when importing computers from a
- Fixed: "An unexpected error occurred" when querying event logs that
don't have valid message text.
- Fixed: Computer tabs scroll partially out of view after peforming a management
action like restarting a service or running a PowerShell script.
- New: A separate service account is no longer required for the management
service, simplifing deployment even more.
- Fixed: Management IP address column not being added during database creation.
- New: Custom attribute logic has changed such that existing attributes will be
updated instead of creating new ones. This will avoid issues with multiple attributes
and search results.
- Fixed: Several UI issues with scheduled task management.
- Known issue: Lookup values (Environment, Status) are case sensitive when
importing a list of computers. Validation coming in 1.7 release.
- Fixed: Issue with write permissions for custom links.
- Fixed: Issue with text from script output not being truncated for display
properly on the History tab.
- Fixed: Unlock local account function not working as expected.
- New: Ability to create and modify scheduled tasks.
- New: Ability to modify existing scheduled tasks.
- New: Custom URLs. Link to external web based tools when viewing a server, using
context sensitive variables in the query string.
- New: More variables are available for custom tool arguments and custom URLs
including IP address, subnet mask and more.
- New: RDP session can now be launched by hostname or IP address.
- Fixed: Layout issue on computer console.
- Fixed: Permission issue when viewing scheduled tasks.
- New: Additional filters added for Audit History report.
- Improved: Event Log query performance has been vastly improved.
- Fixed: Duplicate hostname error when adding a server that has been previously
- Fixed: End date filter on Audit History report resets to the current date on
- Fixed: Custom search column setting not being saved globally.
- Fixed: Unlock local account feature throwing an exception in certain scenarios.
1.5.0 (Released 7/30/2013)
- New: Custom attributes can now be defined for any server giving users the
ability to store more metadata about a system. One custom attribute can also be
configured to show up in search results and Container membership results.
- New: Local account management. Local user accounts can now be enabled or
unlocked from the web console.
- New: New layout for Summary tab when viewing server information.
- New: Launch an RDP session from the Tools tab. Known issue with Chrome.
- New: Limited support for servers that are in a workgroup.
- Update: Improved services query.
- Update: After performing a management action on a Windows service, the
page scrolls to that service and highlights it.
- Fixed: Some dialogs not closing properly after updates.
- Fixed: Increased default query timeout to improve reliability for managing
systems across slow or intercontinental links.
1.3.0 (Released 6/24/2013)
- New: Ability to delegate rights to view all or any combination of event logs
- Fixed: Removed extra validation step when adding a new user.
- Fixed: Various minor issues.
1.2.2 (Released 6/12/2013)
- Fixed: Container member table pushed all the way to the right in IE10.
- Fixed: Some confirmation dialogs scrolled page very far down.
- Fixed: "Deleted" status showing up in drop down lists where not applicable.
- Fixed: New or modified Container changes not immediately visible in UI after
- Fixed: jQuery DataTables "asSorting" error after refreshing data on some pages.
- Fixed: Mozilla Firefox compatibility issues.
- Fixed: JScript error when updating role memberships.
- Fixed: Radio buttons not rendering correctly when displaying scheduled tasks.
- New: Management service now logs connection info to facilitate troubleshooting.
- New: Management service now automatically authorizes local connections. This
resolves a common issue where customers have the management service and website
installed on the same server.
1.2.1 (Released 5/30/2013)
- Fixed: After editing server information and clicking Update, no changes were
- Tested: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express support has been verified.
1.2 (Released 5/11/2013)
- New: Audit history report has been added which can be filtered by date range,
user and/or computer.
- New: Added 10 new default roles with preconfigured permissions.
- Fixed: Server credentials page incorrectly stated that credentials must match the management service.
- Fixed: Tooltips on role membership add/remove buttons were incorrect.
- Fixed: After being deleted, a computer could not be re-added.
- Fixed: Page scrolls down to empty whitespace when executing ping, uptime or
other customer tools.
- Fixed: Admin history report doesn't fill available window width.
- Fixed: Other miscellaneous CSS issues.
1.1 (Released 3/4/2013)
- New: Windows Server 2012 is now officially supported.
- New: Management service can now run as a low privileged account.
- Fixed security flaw where extra service endpoints were exposed when not needed.
- Fixed permission issue where delete computer button was still visible even if
the user couldn't use it.
- Added digit grouping for memory amount on Processes tab.
- Fixed null value exception during certain scenarios when querying remote
- Fixed issue with computer history not being sorted by most recent activity by
- Simplified computer history to include only most relevant columns.
- Improved uptime error message wording.
- Fixed error being thrown in some scenarios where no scheduled tasks exist.
1.0.16 (Released 2/10/2013)
- Fixed an exception being thrown when querying Windows processes.
- Scheduled task queries are correctly reported in history now.
- Fixed Search results and other grid output issues with 100% width in Firefox and
- New: Computers can now be deleted from the UI. The actual record is maintained
in the database for history and audit purposes.
- Removed some deprecated database objects.
1.0.15 (Released 1/22/2013)
- Fixed an issue where 0 results were shown for grid views if the user had not set
a default in "My Settings".
- Removed some unnecessary whitespace on the Dashbaord page.
1.0.14 (Released 1/13/2013)
- Added a My Settings feature.
- All grid view results use a user configurable setting for how many rows to
display by default and will individually remember your settings (per web
- Added text to the access denied page to help avoid confusion with IIS generated
- The reboot button is now grayed out if the user doesn't have permissions to
reboot the target computer.
- When adding objects to role permissions, Containers are listed first and by
default if no other objects are available to assign.
- Added a favicon to the web application.
- Fixed some invalid text on the setup routine.
1.0.12 (Released 12/21/2012)
- New: Database installation can be performed remotely, removing the requirement
of the .NET Framework 4 on the SQL server.
- Fixed: Closing a computer window and opening a new window doesn't work properly.
- New: Ability to add/remove manual Container members instead of only having
dynamic membership. Dynamic and manual members are merged if both exist.
- New: Added some help text for dynamic Container membership syntax and available
- New: Added "description" to Container view.
- Fixed: Scheduled Tasks have client-side validation now. Only tasks that can be
managed should have a usable radio button.
- Fixed: Grid views were misaligned, sometimes to the right.
- Known issues: Buttons below some grid views are pushed too far down to be
1.0.11 (Released 12/10/2012)
- Added Windows Server 2003 support for scheduled task management.
- By default, permission filters will all apply to all instance objects because
they will be defaulted to the wildcard (asterisk).
- Fixed an issue when redirecting to the access denied page.
- Fixed a lingering issue with permission filters not respecting asterisk.
- Fixed data access issue causing "ExecuteReader requires an open and
available Connection." errors while performing various tasks. This should also
fix intermittent errors when adding a permission scope.
- Added global exception handling to catch unexpected errors. A friendly message
is now displayed to the user with a reference number that can be used to
correlate the error back to an administrative log file.
- Fixed transparency issue when certain modal message boxes are displayed to the
- Added ability to delete a user instead of just disabling them.
- Fixed issue which would not allow periods (.) or percent signs (%) in a
- Added description field to Computer summary tab.
- Added CPU speed and type to Computer hardware tab Terminate process dialog
now shows process name and process ID
- Increased default history view to 25 rows.
- Several other minor bug fixes and cosmetic issues.
1.0.8 (Released 11/26/2012)
- Fixed globalization issue causing license dates to be
- Several fixes related to permissions and roles
- Filter and scope options only show up now for
permissions where applicable
- A description shows up for each permission when
selected in the dropdown list (Filter must be added after permission is added
- Filters can take wildcard (asterisk) before and/or
after the filter text. Examples: *SQL or SQL* or *SQL*
- To apply a permission to any service or process, use
a wildcard by itself. Example: *
- SFSA role is given all permissions on first install.
Each permissions is scoped to the "All computers" container.
- A few sample roles are added during install, already
configured with default permissions
- SFSA role can view history on any computer without
having to explicitly be give the ReadHistory permission.
- New users are automatically added to the SFSU role
- Added a text box to configure the website port during
- Fixed issue with Management Service not being
configured with the admin service account credentials and automatically started.
- Fixed opacity issue in Internet Explorer 9 with
process that cannot be terminated. Terminate icons would not grey out.
- A few sample Containers are added during install to
help get users started quickly.
1.0.5 (Released 10/28/2012)
- Fixed minor issues with setup routine.
- Made minor enhancements to role management UI.
- Other minor fixes.
1.0 (Released 10/12/2012)
Copyright © Noxigen LLC. All rights reserved.
"Noxigen", "Design. Build. Evolve." and "System Frontier" are trademarks of Noxigen
All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.