System Frontier bridges the gap between IT operations, information security and the business. System Frontier has been giving IT admins the ability to easily delegate granular rights to specific objects on a server or workstation using role based access control since 2012.
All rights are centrally managed and fully audited to make it much easier to see
what was done on any given system and by who. Eliminate the guesswork. Eliminate
Click below to see a slideshow of features
Here's a partial list of features and rights you can delegate:
- Start, stop, create and modify scheduled tasks
- View local users and groups
- Enable or unlock local users
- Reset password for local users
- View all or only specific event logs
- Start and stop Windows services (Terminate hung service process)
- Terminate processes
- Remote reboot (with required reason)
- Filter permissions to specific services, processes,
tools, scripts and tasks by name
- Apply permissions to specific computers or containers for easier management
- Run any script or command-line tool and capture its output
- Temporal constraints (Configure an automatic expiration date for any permission)
- View audit history of all actions taken on any computer to see "who, what and when"
- Easily run audit reports to see what type of access exists for all systems
- Add any custom attribute to a server to store extra information about it
- Launch an RDP session
right from your browser when viewing a computer
How does it work?
Instead of giving users direct access to your servers or workstations with
local administrator rights, access is proxied through System Frontier
via an an easy-to-use web interface. Delegated admins only have
access to view or modify what you have granted rights for them to do using RBAC
Click on the image to see a high level diagram of how System Frontier works.
Delegate Admin Rights
How many people in your organization have full administrator access to servers?
With System Frontier, you can finally have total control over
the security of your data using an intuitive web based console.
Now your Help Desk,
Developers, 24/7 Operations staff and even non-technical staff can manage their
own systems while your Windows administrators and engineers focus on the next
big project or more proactive work.
Avoiding the next breach is great, but you
can also save in labor by delegating to your first level support tier. See the
cost benefit with the
ROI Savings Calculator.
Audit and Compliance Reporting
A history of all actions taken in System Frontier is stored in the database. Now
you can easily and accurately report on the type of access any user has and
they've done. Trying to accomplish this with native Windows Server mechanisms is
cumbersome and nearly impossible in most scenarios.
Leverage Your Existing Tools
Scripting and automation have been extremely powerful tools for many system administrators over the years.
If terms like PowerShell, VBScript, batch files or "command-line arguments" actually make you perk up in your seat - then
System Frontier will help you take it to the next level.
You can import command-line
tools or scripts (PowerShell, VBScript, etc...) then give any role access to execute them on
systems, with the users in that role not needing admin rights on the target systems.